Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Benefits of serving in a ward where your brother served...you're not left out of the big news! :)

Mom!!!!!

Thanks for setting up that interview for me! (referring to possibly teaching english in China during fall semester) Wish me luck!

We just got back from the beach we went with Libby and got Sub Zero ice cream. Did you know missionaries get free ice cream there? Who knew? Apparently all the elders cause they showed up too! Haha,

This week has been great the work has been rolling forth in Federal Way! We committed 4 people to baptism! Also we had a birthday party for one of our investigator's sons last night at the Bishop's house and it was awesome!  We also got a new ward mission leader which I am excited about!

I'm trying to remember what happened this week... I usually think in advance and look through my planner, but I left that in the car. I came slightly unprepared to email!

Yesterday at church a lady from another ward who I know came up and said she HAD to show me Jared's engagement pics! Ha! It was great! I was wondering if that was coming! And then right after sacrament meeting, I was rushed by a couple other ward members telling me congrats for Jared! So funny but really cute pics!

We had an awesome lesson with an investigator named Mark! We talked about the Book of Mormon and he is willing and excited to read. We brought a lady from the ward with us and it went really well.

Me and Sister Westover (last companion) got to go to the taco truck in Maple Valley when we went up there for transfers! SO good!  I dont know if I mentioned but she got transferred and gets to live in the lake cottage in the Lake Sawyer Ward where I was a year ago! And she's in a trio! I'm so sad she's not with me anymore but happy that there will be less junk food around here, so I can finally lose weight!! Haha!

My new comp has been out for 3 transfers and is from Pocatello Idaho. She is a faith-filled and capable missionary! I'm grateful to have her to work with in this area.

I am seriously coming up blank for things that happened this week! I need a nap! Haha!

Well I love ya! I'll try not to spend too many hours crying about the lack of mom letters this week :)  (little mix up at home and she didn't get a letter from me -- til later this night -- oops!)


LOVE Sister Orr

No comments:

Post a Comment