Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A week of miracles and blessings

Hi Mom! Transfers were this week and both me and Sister Jeffery are staying! 
Woot Woot! <--- im not sure if thats actually a proper exclamation of joy, but 
were stoked! We had so many "if we stay together we can..." things. So now we
can do all those and not start entirely over with new people. 
 
Plus also, we have super similar voices so we have fun singing together. We 
sang the Rob Garner version of Savior, Redeemer of My Soul in sacrament 
meeting this week and it was super fun! Even though I did that same song with Sister Frischknecht like a few months ago, we changed it up to fit our alto
range. It was such a great opportunity to invite people to church, so we used it A LOT. We invited everyone and we had a long list of people who told us they 
would be there. But, no one actually came. So that was lame.  But we met this one guy, Phil, the day before and he said he would come (but clearly did not), 
and we happened to be in his area yesterday so we dropped by and he said he 
just couldn't bring himself to go to a church again after all his years of not. So 
we sang him the song and had a lesson and it was all while we were sitting 
around a campfire, and the spirit was super strong and it turned out to be 
really, really great! 
 
We actually met a ton of new and interested people this week which was great! We met this guy named Robert James White who is half Arabic and half Italian 
and he is also the wisest person I have ever met / my new life guru. Though he doesn't know the fullness of the gospel yet, what he does know, he understands deeply. Like more deeply than most members of the church! And he lives it and loves it. Also he gave he a ton of advice for life. Here's some: 
 
"a setback is an opportunity for a comeback." 
"love is an action word." 
talk to yourself to learn things- "nobody's gonna deliver your message like you" 
marriage advice: "compromise" 
"when you start acting like all of your friends, you rob them of who you are" 
 
The guy is just super cool! I'm excited to teach him! 
  
I love all those pictures! The color festival ones are so cute! And I love the 
cemetery ones! Hope you have a quality week, and that it stops raining so you 
can mow the lawn! 
 
LOVE, Sister Orr 
 
 
Dad! 
 
Some super cool things happened this week! It has indeed been a week of 
miracles. 
 
So since its toward the end of the month, we are like OUT of money, and we 
have eaten all our fresh produce, and our dinner appointment forgot about us 
one night. So we decided to run to the store and see what we could buy with 
the $5 left on my card, so we picked up some bananas and apples and tomatoes and spinach. It was all probably going to be more than $5 but as we walked up to the register a member from the stake (who we didn't even know) walked up and said "ready to check out sisters?" and he totally bought our food!  It wasn't a crazy huge miracle but I realized that last Sunday I finally paid my fast 
offering for the past few months and Heavenly Father was totally letting me 
know that He loves me and that He is aware of me and that he will bless us as we keep his commandments! Also the guy that paid for our food is in the same ward and is friends with Ted Olsen, the 75 year old man that I taught that got 
baptized! So I got Ted's address from him and I had been wanting that thing! 
 
Also last week I found out about beta.mormon.org which is the coolest thing 
ever that you should check out and show to everybody cause that's what I've 
been doing! It has like a 60 second video to go with each of our core principles 
as latter day saints! 
 
Also we tracted into a guy this week and it just made me happy even though 
he's not interested. He pretty much dosen't believe in anything that he can't see and we asked him what he thought his purpose in being here was and he said 
"to make cookies! want one?" and he brought out these huge chocolate chip
gourmet delicious cookies! They were so good! Also when we were walking away I was like "wait what's your name?" and he was all "the ladies call me 
gorgeous, but my wife calls me Tony" haha I love nice people! 
 
Welp I have to get off le email  but I hope this week is super good and that you 
enjoyed some Chicago popcorn and sent me some! 
 
LOVE, Sister Orr! 

No comments:

Post a Comment