Monday, January 5, 2015

I LOVE these letters!!! :)

Hello my Mom!

Guess what I haven't even gotten your package yet (her main Christmas gift) so what the even heck? I'm 80% sure they're hoarding it in the mission office. But hopefully I'll have it Tuesday. If not we need to do some investigating on that situation.

Also THIS IS IMPORTANT: if you are reading this before 12 am my time: STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING and send me the ham sandwich recipe off of my pinterest. This is as URGENT as it gets! It's that kind where you make them in the rolls and pour the stuff over them and then bake them. My companion and I have been craving those for days! Thank you kindly:)  Also if you want to send me a bunch of random things from my pinterest - that would also be appreciated. That is a request from my dearest companion.

We went on exchanges this week which was fun and CRAZY. Family wards are so different from YSA! So basically when we first got out in the morning we had planned to see a ton of old ladies. And the first one was really nice but she was talking about a plane crash somewhere and how she was mad that the people that were supposed to be on the plane but missed it were thanking God that they were safe, because it probably made the other peoples family's feel bad. She repeated that like 45x until her friend came to pick her up. So that was interesting. The next lady we saw... oh my goodness. She is super old. And she called us that morning and this is how our coversation went:

Her: hey you cant come over this morning. its a bad day. the debt collectors keep calling me.
Me: the debt collectors keep calling you?
Her: yeah come over and i'll tell you about it.
Me: ok, see you in a minute.

So we went over. And I dialed the phone for her to the bank because she wanted to know the balance on her card. So she held the phone for like 6 minutes on hold and every like 20 seconds she would ask us who she was calling and what to ask. It was great. Then when they picked up she just said that she wanted them to speak to her caretaker and handed the phone to me. So then they asked for my full name and recorded me down as her caretaker on her account. So thats great too. Then we helped her pick out a skirt for church because she didnt think she had any but she actually had 1000. But she was getting dizzy standing up because she hadn't eaten all day! So sad! So we made her cream of wheat because it was literally the only food in her house. So sad. So then we found her a ride to the church and to the grocery store. Such a funny lady I just wanted to stay and take care of her all day.

Next we went to this other old lady who lived in a nursing home. We scrapbooked pictures for her which was fun and read scriptures with her. Loved it!

It was definatly very interesting and different and a lot more service oriented than YSA.  I loved it though. So fun! 

Saturday we Spent alot of the day walking and just talking to people on the street.  One old man started waving his cane at us from afar and was yelling. Also he had like 3 teeth. When we met up with each other he stopped us and yelled "AMERICAN GORLS! NO ENGLISH! NO GOOD!" And then burst out laughing. He repeated that cycle like 4x and then kept walking.  So that was good as well.

One of our investigators, Tim, is absolutely awesome. and I'll talk about him today but I reaaly want to get that recipe from ya so I'll send this now and talk about Tim in dads email! LOVE YOU!

(and this is the letter to Garret)...

Holy Moly it sounds like quite the week! Hope you had a great birthday! Mom filled me in on what y'all did and it sounds fun! I'm so jealous you got to go to the temple this week. We get to go sometime this month, then wait a year! So 
excited to go so soon tough!

The investigator i want to talk about this week is Tim. He is so cool I cant even handle it!

I wasn't around when they met him I think it was like a week before I came but it was at a Redbox! I love it. He just knows so hard that this is the true church.  
And just has so much understanding and recognizes the spirit and how keeping the commandments has blessed his life. Our one thing with him is that he has a set schedule and works Sunday. So he hasn't been able to come to church. But BLESSINGS! Church changed times this year, which in YSA, it normally always stays at 1:00, but it changed to 9 so he could come for the first hour! Since it was fast Sunday this week, my and my companion fasted that the testimony meeting would be spiritual and Tim would have a good first experience. So he came and the testimonies were SO GOOD. And he got to turn in his shift bid yesterday and requested Sundays off so I am so stoked! And he's coming to FHE with us tonight. He's still working on quitting smoking but he is so good at everything else and is down to like half a cigarette every few days! I'm so proud of him!

I seriously am trying so hard to send pictures! I cant figure this thing out!  I'm hoping to get an ipad soon so I can just send them from there:) Also I might get these pics developed and just send them to you:)

Have a great week! LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment