Thursday, December 4, 2014

Thanksgiving at the MTC and such...

Here's some excerpts from two letters home today...

Hello my mom! 

The MTC Thanksgiving week was so stinking cool. On Tuesday, Elder Dallin H. Oaks came and spoke to us. Amazing. Then Thursday Elder Bednar came and spoke to us. So amazing. Then Sunday Sheri Dew came for relief society and Vocal Point came for devotional. So basically it was amazing. 

My favorite was Elder Bednar cause he came and this was broadcast to all the other mtc's and he had us do a Q&A with him but instead of having us talking into a microphone he sent out like 200 cell phones into the audience and had us text questions in to his iPad. So stinking cool. And he gave the other mtc's his email so they could send in questions as well. ( I'm 84% sure he did it like that so he didn't have to answer stupid questions). But it was so cool to be there for a world wide Q&A with an apostle. 

For Thanksgiving we did a bunch of stuff like watch Meet the Mormons, and did a service project where we made over 350000 meals for all those starving kids in Utah. Then we ate sack lunches for Thanksgiving dinner in our classrooms with our district and we went around and talked about what we are thankful for. It was probably my favorite thanksgiving ever. Nuh offense. 

Thanks for sending me those letters from Sam and Tyler. Loved them. 

Oh and I'm not sure what scripture I want on my plaque yet. I was thinking 1 John 4: 17-18 but I'm rethinking it...

Sorry about that picture I cannot figure out for the life of me how to 
get pictures from my camera onto an email but I am determined to find 
out so you just for now get that selfie of me:) 
 

Love ya again and I might get to talk to you Tuesday:) On Tuesday Erin leaves the Provo MTC and flies out to Washington!!



Hey dad! 

So it's going great here with all the teaching and such and I LOVE my teachers they are so great.  I'm not sure if you did this in the MTC, but we do this progressing investigator thing where our teachers act like a person they've come close with who needs the gospel or someone they converted on their mission and we get to "teach them" and our lessons have been going great. Then we also get to teach other people that aren't MTC employees and we don't know if they're actors or investigators but it's hard to tell. I love our girl. She's Korean and named Yesol Lee. She's so much fun to talk to!

I always think of questions to ask on Pday but I can't think of them now... I should prolly be a good missionary and start writing things down:)

Here's a pic of me and my companion today... 

Love ya!!


No comments:

Post a Comment