Monday, December 15, 2014

My Monday Oxygen...or...Sunshine from the Rainy State

Holy Smokes your letters make me so happy! And yeah the first couple of days I could see how seasonal depression could become quite the problem around here!  It was so rainy and cloudy and I was in some serious need of vitamin D but for the past few days its been beautiful and cloud free and I saw Mt. Rainier yesterday for the first time!  And I met someone who knows Jared! the Nalers? I don't know if I spelled that right either but when I introduced myself they acted like they had been expecting to meet "Elder Orr's Sister"  I'm so excited for Ben!  He's going to LOVE the MTC. I had so much fun.

That Papaleo Party sound fun and crazy. we need to do that when I get back but I'm so glad y'all got to catch up!  This week has been hecka crazy and awesome.  We taught so many lessons!  And I only feared for my life like three times:) 

In the YSA (young single adult) ward we don't get fed a lot just because YSA's either live with their families who invite their own ward missionaries over or they live in an apartment and probably cant afford to feed us too much.  But we did have dinner at one of the bishops councilors once this week and one girl in the ward lives with her family and we get along with her really well so we went up with them for dinner.  They happen to live in like the back woods though and we happened to park a really long ways away so when we got outside after dinner it was pitch black.  So that was terrifying but the stars were really pretty so me and my companion linked arms and looked up at the stars as we walked down their super long driveway. we thought we should make a parable about that story, like "if you're wandering through darkness, look to the heavens and you will find your way out" something like that.

Also this week I've seen quite a few miracles and I can't wait for all that I have still waiting over the next 18 months.

Also I burned my hair off this morning which was awful! I was reading my scriptures while straightening my hair when I realized that I forgot to pray first so I kind of just stopped what I was doing and ended up saying a really long prayer not realizing somehow, that my straightener was still clamped on a chunk of hair! Just the ends though so don't freak out.  But i felt my hair and it was BURNT and it just fell off straight into my hand.  So that was great.  Sorry this is so frantic but the library computers are timed and its making writing this email seem really intense.

I love you all so DANG much!  Sorry for the crazy letter..

Love, Sister Erin Orr

Haha. And yes I was going for 1 John: 19.  But I have no husband so really either scripture could work:)   (This was in response to my question to her:  "Oh! PS!  Your missionary plaque scripture --  I'm still a bit confused.  Did you mean 1 John 4:17-19 "There is no fear in love....We love him, because he first loved us"?  Which is great.  OR, did you mean John 4:17  "The woman answered and said, "I have no husband..."?  Which is hilarious.  Anyways, could you please clarify?? :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment