Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Happy Fall!!


Erin and other sister missionaries at a zone meeting



P-Day hike - Dewey Lake


P-Day hike "look at the mountain, ignore my hair"


P-Day hike to Mt. Rainer


Hey Mamma! Happy Fall!

I LOVE those quotes! (referring to some awesome quotes that I sent her from church this weekend) At one point a few months ago I found myself taking offense to a bunch of things and not being able to just brush them off which I'm normally pretty good at! I found the talk "And Nothing Shall Offend Them" by Elder Bednar and he brought it back to the Book of Mormon in Alma 60 where Captain Moroni writes a pretty not nice letter to Pahoran. Like super mean, and Pahoran was doing the right thing. Moroni just was not informed about why he was doing what he was doing. So Pahoran could totally be justified in back-lashing, but being the spiritual giant that he is, responded with serious charity and love and even appreciation for Moroni and his comments. He chose to respond as Christ would. That's now one of my favorite stories in the Book of Mormon. It is a huge lesson to me in self discipline, also that we have been given the gift of agency - and it is a spectacular gift! NO ONE can make us act or say or respond anyway we don't choose. Sometimes we don't give ourselves enough credit. Fact.

We got to go hiking today! We did the Naches peak loop. It was beautiful! Seriously! I think I might start going every week. We had a member take us. Sister Kropelniki from the Cedar River Ward is a mountain woman for real! She has hiked to the top of Mt. Rainer like 3 times. I will send more pictures!

Chelsea texted and said the missionaries in Arizona found her! And she is all set to go to church and keep learning! So happy! Her town is called Globe, AZ. I think its pretty small.

I need to see a picture of this Van Halen cake. I assume it is still intact so you can send me a pic?

I still dont know the whole story with Ed. We got to talk to him for approx. 8 seconds and we tried to ask questions that seemed normal but also might reveal to us who this guy actually is. But we didn't learn much. The mystery continues!

Well I have to be fast so we can shop before the end of P-day!  

LOVE you so dang much! 

Love Sister Erin Orr

No comments:

Post a Comment