Sunday, August 2, 2015

Erin's letters from LAST week (I'm only 6.99 days late -- but they're really good, so read it anyways) :)

Hey Mamma Dear!

Talking to you was the best! (Erin was able to call this week to arrange a day/time for another phone conversation with her Grandma Banner, who is very sick.  She and I talked for like 30 minutes and it was like manna from heaven.) It was so unexpected too! I had no idea when I woke up that I was going to be talking to my MOM! Haha, so weird.  That needs to happen more often:) Except the bad news is that usually when we have talked I get to just go straight back to the work and refocus, but this time Sister Dolan has been dying and in pain so we have literally spent the last 4 straight days in our apartment. So I may have gotten a little trunky. But with all that free time I made some BOMB foods! Guajillo lime chicken tacos! Grilled peanut-butter, banana, and honey sandwiches! So dang good.

We found out this morning that Sister Dolan is being sent home to see if she can get better :( probably tomorrow or the next day. What the even HECK? I'm so sad and so is she. She only has 3 months left! She could use some prayers that she will feel at peace about going home and that they will find out what's wrong with her insides. 

At this point, I don't know whats going to happen to me! I could be thrown in with another companionship or given a new companion from a trio, or get a mini missionary. I have no idea. It's going to be an adventure. But I know God is heavily involved with his missionaries and that whatever He and President decide will be the best thing. 

Good news! Crystal has been in Spanaway at her aunt's house so we haven't been able to meet with her BUT some missionaries happened to walk by while they were doing some yard work and asked if they could help. Crystal's aunt let them, and Crystal was so excited to talk to missionaries. Apparently they had some awesome gospel discussion and she helped them teach the plan of salvation to the rest of the family. She was so excited about it and called me right after they left. She always calls me just to talk, haha, but don't worry, I keep our conversations purposeful! Yesterday we talked about the restoration of the gospel and just further clarified it in her head. 

One of our investigators, Robert White, thinks he understands and believes our message but he doesn't think he needs to be baptized by someone holding the priesthood. Clearly there is a point of misunderstanding but he never ends his talking ever. He just talks constantly and never listens. That man is hard to teach. But anyway, things like that are why I think its so important that people understand the "why" of the message we share, because that's what really brings the cause for change.

I love ya! Have fun at the rodeo! Hug my sisters for me!

LOVE Sister Erin Orr


Hey Dad!

President send out a super cool blast today that I am super excited about. I think he has been doing his research on it for a while and its such bomb information! (by the way a blast is when he sends a voicemail of himself to all the missionaries -- he does this every couple days). 

Today he was saying that 1 out of every 19 investigators gets baptized. Those are the odds. BUT there is one thing, that of the investigators who do it, 70% get baptized. 

President had us take a minute and guess what that was. I thought daily Book of Mormon study.

He said that that one thing is reading the entire book of 1st Nephi.

Isn't that incredible? That odds go from 1 in 19 to better than 2 in 3 when people start from the beginning of the book and just read. And not for just a couple days but until they finish at least the first 22 chapters. I believe that it is because those people have real intent.

President gave us a challenge to start with all our current investigators and those we meet. And that is to read the entire book of 1st Nephi in 10 days. That's like 15 minutes of reading per day. I'm so excited to see what happens. 

Cameron read it in like a week! 

This is going to be so cool! 

LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Sister Erin Orr

No comments:

Post a Comment